0277 Rumi The Sufi Puts You Straight - Poem by Michael Shepherd
'It seems from time to time - if not always -
that all that stands between my present self,
and what I hope to be, is...just myself...'
'But you are not the trouble - you're the cure! '
'Well, that's all very fine; but I feel locked -
I just can't free myself from all my past;
the mind can't see escape from habit's grasp...'
'But you are not that lock; you are the key! '
'If only I were - but I won't name names -
I'm sure it would be easier for me
to be my self; at least, feel much more free...'
'Well, that's too bad - that's just not how it works!
Just see and love your self; and know this true:
there is no self more beautiful than you! '
Comments about 0277 Rumi The Sufi Puts You Straight by Michael Shepherd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda