(1998) For Dad - Poem by Deana Rode
What does it feel like to hate someone you love,
To wish they were better even though you admire them
or to be in disgust when you think she's beautiful
How do you live in fear and happiness simultaneously
And wish you were gone but yet desire to stay...
Can you ever find eternal peace in your chaotic soul
or sleep without worrying what tomorrow might bring
Will you ever be able to fulfil the vows;
the words you promised so long ago,
or will it be lost forever in your saddened mind.
Comments about (1998) For Dad by Deana Rode
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl