Deana Rode Poems
- (1995) Do You Care Do you care if I am happy, And that I’m...
- (1997) Glass Heart Glass heart fragile and ...
- (2011) The Real Me I'm sinking into the depths of my madness...
- (1999) College Lonliness Last night I had a scare and woke...
- (1997) Love Could you give me some sign that your faith in ...
- (1996) With Me Dance with me by the light of the moon, ...
- (1997) Glass Hallway A glass hallway with no escape Nobody...
I don't think I qualify to be classified in any particular genre of poetry...I simply write how I'm feeling, hence why a poem doesn't hit me very often. I can't go back and write about something that's happened, I can only write about what I'm going through at that very moment. I can't write happy poems, hence why all of them are a bit on the dark side. My poems rarely rhyme, and I don't attempt to make them rhyme...but I really think that's what makes my stuff unique.
I hope that when you read these you don't critique them like you would someone who does this for a living, but read them as if you were reading my personal journal, and if you can feel the way I did at the time ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Deana Rode
(1995) Do You Care
Do you care if I am happy,
And that I’m proud?
Do you like to see me smile,
And not drown in my tears?
Do you care if I am sad,
Or that I feel alone?
Do you mind if I suddenly cry,
Or if I hide in a secret place?
Do you care if I get lonely,
And that I feel abandoned?
Do you think that you should help,
Or if you should just stay away?
Do you care if I get mad,
Or if I throw a fit?
Do you feel like I do sometimes,
Do you understand my heart?
So, now I ask you before I go,
Do you care?