66...And Happy - Poem by Jim Yerman
I am 66 years old today and as I turn another page
I am happy for all life's wonderful moments that help cushion my old age.
I'm happy for the love I've shared…all those rides on other people's shoulders…
Isn't it amazing how love has a way…of preventing getting older?
I am happy for my family, my friends, the people who have helped to make me…me
and I'm happy for the childhood I've brought along with me.
I'm happy my brain can calculate how old I am…as I walk further down life's path
and happier still my heart and my mind…were never very good at math.
Finally I'm happy knowing even though today I'm the oldest I have ever been
I am also now the youngest age I will ever be again!
Comments about 66...And Happy by Jim Yerman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl