A Hammer To My Head - Poem by Lily Espinosa
Isn’t it funny?
So very funny.
After months of hurt and bitter retention,
I finally began to feel the way I used to.
Wanting more and more each day to forgive and forget,
I thought the time was soon,
The day it was going happen drawing near,
The factuality that it would again exist becoming clear.
Us, me and you, back together again,
Just like it should be.
All to be severed in a mere few hours,
Sending me hurtling back to square one.
I go back to beating myself up,
Like the day this had begun.
Comments about A Hammer To My Head by Lily Espinosa
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl