A Lovely Day - Poem by Juan Olivarez
a lovely day the lord has made,
Clouds are drifting in the sky.
Songbirds sing their serenades,
And the sun shines from on high.
The breeze is blowing through the trees,
Cooling everyone around.
Gently rustling the leaves,
Whispering in subdued sounds.
Baby birds chirp in the nest,
Begging for their morning meal.
Puffing out their tiny chests,
And voicing cries both high and schrill.
All around the neighborhood,
Children run and scream and play.
Everything runs as it should,
On this lovely, lovely day.
6/28/10 Alton Texas
Comments about A Lovely Day by Juan Olivarez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl