After Aquinas - Poem by David Mitchell
Evil is an absence:
The absence of good.
One cannot say that good is the absence of evil,
Any more than that light is the absence of darkness.
For darkness is the absence of light
And is utterly subsumed by it
As evil is by good.
Comments about After Aquinas by David Mitchell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda