David Mitchell Poems
- Stars The stars adorn the heaven at night, They beautify ...
- Les Quatre Saisons - The Four ... Le printemps — la ...
- There Is A God That is what I firmly believe. I understand ...
- Why Is A Poet? It is the part of the poet To tell his ...
- Death And Life If what follows this life Is a heaven without...
- A Dark Poem As languidly my feet plod home, My thoughts the...
- Autumn The shining summer ages, dwindles, dies; The heat ...
David Mitchell,28, lives in Colchester, England, and was educated at Great Totham Primary School, Colchester Royal Grammar School, and the University of Durham. He graduated from Durham with a BA in Music and an MA in Performance. It was while he was at university - on the 11th May,2008 - that he was received into the Catholic Church; and Christian themes are to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The stars adorn the heaven at night,
They beautify with gleaming light
The sky of dismal hue;
They shiver in the icy cold,
They are, and were in ages old,
Embellishing the blue.
They hide themselves from their bright lord,
As from the Garden's fiery sword
And incandescent flame;
And tho' we do not see their fire
When sunshine dims the heavenly quire
They are always, all the same.
Behold these messengers of peace!
Belligerent man, your fighting cease,
And do your kind no harm;
Look heavenward; stars do not fight,
But grant a ...