Angel On My Back (From Book Rebel Angels And Alien Demons) - Poem by Aram Stefanian
I miss someone who doesn't exist,
Though he's familiar with my inner voice.
Holing up in a trap, his soul resists.
Too complicated to make the right choice.
To switch on is neither early nor late.
Waking up after the coma is too scary.
Thrown into a new life, he's an easy bait.
He won't ditch the shell, and has to carry.
My own shadow has altered, it looks weird.
It doesn't catch up, and is out of whack.
This afternoon it vanished, and I feared.
When I looked into the mirror, I saw
An angel on my back.
Comments about Angel On My Back (From Book Rebel Angels And Alien Demons) by Aram Stefanian
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl