Lawrence S. Pertillar
Another 'New' Year Approaches - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Another 'new' year approaches,
With repeated commitments...
Many will attempt in 2014 to keep.
Although in the doing one thing is kept certain,
The same excuses will be made to honor them.
And those who deceive will continue to pretend.
A ball will drop as promises are declared.
Cheers will be heard as fireworks flare.
With delusions unchanged to remain unaffected.
Comments about Another 'New' Year Approaches by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl