Lawrence S. Pertillar
Backstabbing With Gladness - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
What values do you have,
Would you bet your life on?
Everything you do
Seems to be superficially pursued.
You talk a good game...
But what aim do you claim?
You say you have faith?
What stance do you take?
What belief do you have,
Besides backstabbing with gladness?
And this you do,
You don't have me fooled!
Saying you are a friend,
Doesn't mean anything...
Not to me in the end!
Especially when I know,
Lieing on me gives you a glow!
And all those evil things done,
Are surfacing to show everyone!
Comments about Backstabbing With Gladness by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl