Because I Knew - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
as a very young child mom's loving touch.
It had a delightfully delicious feel of warmth
and security upon my senses.
Mom was the beginning and ending of my world.
Happiness was playing on the floor, basking
in the sunshine of her sweet smile.
It seemed everyone loved her, and although
She held many people in her heart, she never ran out
of room or love for with the arrival
of each of her 'three' children, her heart grew
And overflowed with new love.
Mom has long since gone to be with the Allah,
but her memory sings to me over the years of carefree,
laughter-filled days of childhood, where everything
was possible-because I knew mom's love.
On Mother's day
Comments about Because I Knew by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl