Lawrence S. Pertillar
Before I Offer To Treat - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Keep my days in perspective.
I know what my wants and needs are.
But the interviewing process
Is limited to who I'd like to share
Those moments with!
I'm not that easy.
I'm not going to settle just for anyone
Who may be standing by the cooler,
And looking like a fool for me!
That will be on a pay day.
It's easier to conduct an interview
With change in my pocket.
And looking through the snack machine,
With more than two dimes to squeeze together...
Before I offer to treat!
Someone has to appreciate...
I am going through that kind of trouble!
Comments about Before I Offer To Treat by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda