Lawrence S. Pertillar
Before Or After - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The only reason why it is there,
In the first place...
Is because you wanted it.
Or at least it was allowed.
If it was not indeed desired...
Why is it there?
And when did you recognize,
It wasn't meant for you?
Before or after,
It had exhausted its satisfaction?
When you began to realize,
You were personally affected.
And if that is the case,
When did you wake up to notice it?
Or has it been a while.
It's there to stay!
Since it is obvious,
You had to wait for a thought to process.
Comments about Before Or After by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda