Lawrence S. Pertillar
Before That Demon In Me Appears - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
See my foot?
See how it lifts?
Guess where I can put it,
If you persist.
See my eyes?
And how over one...
I can raise and arch a brow?
See the exposing teeth I show?
Foam can begin to drip from them...
With a growl you just don't know.
My temperature is rising.
And a heat boiling within me...
Is starting to overflow.
Can you feel the steam,
Coming from my ears?
If I were you,
I would take two steps back...
Before that demon in me appears.
Comments about Before That Demon In Me Appears by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl