Blessing Of Begetting Children (Section7 Of Thirukural) - Poem by Rajendran Muthiah
61. The wealth of being blessed with wise children alone,
we value more than anything else known.
62. The evils of the seven births shall not spite
when you beget children virtuous and right.
63. The wise cherish their children as their treasure.
And their fortunes rely on their deeds in equal measure.
64. The mashed food, which their children's hands make
sweetens more than the ambrosial cake.
65. Feel the physical pleasure their children to touch
and their babbles pour in their ears music much.
66. The childless praise the pipe and loot for the sounds
as they heard not the babbles which knew no bounds.
67. It is a father's benevolence to his son,
the council of the learned to lead and run.
68. It is good for every human being in this globe
to have children with more wisdom to probe.
69. A mother feels elated hearing the praises on his son men pour,
than she did when her son she bore.
70."What penance his father did to beget such a son? ", if people say,
that is the recompense to his father, a son should pay.
Comments about Blessing Of Begetting Children (Section7 Of Thirukural) by Rajendran Muthiah
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You