Buddha Declares: - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Shed hatred towards others.
Then possessiveness is at check.
Share others’ suffering.
Then selfishness is at bay.
Feel joy in others’ joy.
Then jealousy is kept out.
Be a witness to events.
Then attachment is in loose.
Practise kindness and compassion.
Then come joy and equanimity.
You are liberated from fear.
You are liberated from pain.
Lord Buddha wanted you
To practise these plain truths
And not to pray Him in vain.
A candle melts to shine.
Comments about Buddha Declares: by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl