Joy Poems - Poems For Joy - - Poem by | Poem Hunter
Poems about joy. You can read the best joy poems. Browse through all joy poems.
Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii - Poem by Khalil Gibran
Then a woman said, "Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow."
And he answered:
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.
When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.
Comments about Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii by Khalil Gibran
Poems About Joy
- 1. Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii , Khalil Gibran
- 2. Infant Joy , William Blake
- 3. The Death Of Joy Gardner , Benjamin Zephaniah
- 4. A Daily Joy To Be Alive , Jimmy Santiago Baca
- 5. Blank Joy , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 6. Joy And Pleasure , William Henry Davies
- 7. *** And You Will Shed Tears Of Joy *** , ANJALI SINHA
- 8. Joy , Carl Sandburg
- 9. Joy , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 10. Hymn To Joy , Friedrich Schiller
- 11. Surprised By Joy , William Wordsworth
- 12. Joy , Sara Teasdale
- 13. The Joy Of Being , Sandra Fowler
- 14. Joy, Shipmate, Joy! , Walt Whitman
- 15. 'Tis So Much Joy! , Emily Dickinson
- 16. My Dearest Frank, I Wish You Joy , Jane Austen
- 17. One Hour To Madness And Joy , Walt Whitman
- 18. Morning Joy , Claude McKay
- 19. Songs Of Joy , William Henry Davies
- 20. Joy And Peace In Believing , John Newton
- 21. Interval Of Joy , Giorgos Seferis
- 22. Hymn Of Joy , Henry Van Dyke
- 23. Sadness And Joy , William Henry Davies
- 24. Work And Joy , Robert William Service
- 25. Stanzas For Music: There's Not A Joy The.. , George Gordon Byron
- 26. Joy And Peace In Believing , William Cowper
- 27. "An Old Man Search For Joy" , Kelvin Broadwater
- 28. Joy And Sorrow , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 29. Joy-Bells , Siegfried Sassoon
- 30. Sonnet Xli: Why Do I Speak Of Joy , Michael Drayton
- 31. * A Joy , Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- 32. Mischievous Joy , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 33. * A Joy! , Deva De Silva
- 34. (728) Christmas Joy , Melvina Germain
- 35. Joy , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 36. This World's Joy , Anonymous
- 37. The Joy Of Little Things , Robert William Service
- 38. ' Joy And Peace And Love ' , Carmela Patterson
- 39. Joy In Heaven , Henry Clay Work
- 40. Peacock Story 9 - Joy Of Joys , Alison Cassidy
- 41. Joy In Joy , Vishal Kumar
- 42. A Life Without Joy , GREENWOLFE 1962
- 43. The Joy Of Childhood , George Darley
- 44. Jaloppy Joy , Robert William Service
- 45. 0017 And Where The Joy , Michael Shepherd
- 46. My Simple Joy , Meggie Gultiano
- 47. Love, Joy, Peace And Presence , Christian Eliab Ratnam
- 48. Persuasions To Joy, A Song , Thomas Carew
- 49. (708) Joy Of Christmas , Melvina Germain
- 50. The Pangs That Guard The Gates Of Joy , Christopher John Brennan
New Joy Poems
- In The Joy Of The Wedding Day, Pierre Rausch
- Peace Is The Mother Of Joy., Joshua Aaron Guillory
- Lo Que Un Hombre Debería Aprender, Adeyemi Joshua
- Book 4 Remembering Of God Love, BIGJOJO WELLS
- Book Four Remembering Of God Love, JERRY WELLS
- The Glory Of Joy, Laura arwen
- Sonnet XVI, Fernando Pessoa
- Born To Love Joy, But Dying To Keep It A.., Bill Darrah
- The Joy Of Being A Woman, john chizoba vincent
- Quotation # 9, Ken Bennight
- carpe diem