California And The Promised Land - Poem by gershon hepner
California is a tragic country––
like Palestine, like every Promised Land,
but if you should go there to plant just one tree
you may produce rich topsoil from the sand,
for trees can turn it to the richest humus
in ways that aren’t mysterious or magic.
With trees instead of bullets lands of promise
transform to treasure tracts that had seemed tragic.
Comments about California And The Promised Land by gershon hepner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl