Calvary - Poem by Elizabeth Stone
Today my songs came to an end.
At night my voice was stuck in my throat.
It feels like I’ve lost my closest friend
I can’t even utter a single note.
My mind is hollow, yet filled with things -
what time it is and will it rain?
But I still hold my pillow in the evenings
and try to cough to get rid of the pain.
Autumn became winter and I fell into the snow
I know the time and what the forecast tells
My voice returned but without the songs I know
and still at night into the pillow I yell.
Winter became spring and the flowers bloomed
and suddenly my mind was filled with songs.
Don’t know the time and the weather is doomed
and again at night my heart to music belongs.
Comments about Calvary by Elizabeth Stone
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl