Childhood - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
A child's life should be carefree.
Whether enjoying the shade of a tree,
Or playing a game of cricket
His parents should be there if he should fall,
Offering comfort and support in a time of need.
This is why God gave us all parents.
Anyone can be a good parent with a little common sense.
Allow your children to be young and free,
For they grow up all to soon you'll see.
Let them know when they please you,
And criticize only when you have to.
Don't compare them with others,
For they'll feel inadequate with one another.
Always let them know you love them
And they'll love you as a parent and a friend.
Above all let them know about God and his son,
For through them is the only true freedom.
Comments about Childhood by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl