Lawrence S. Pertillar
Children To Remain - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Until we can listen,
To that which is being expressed.
Without developing a personalized connection to it.
That stops to allow understanding involved.
We will stay emotionally attached to react.
And not affective to receive comprehension.
A requirement acquired by respectful adults.
The only thing most people have achieved,
To have noticed done successfully...
Is grow older.
To not grow up.
And children to remain self serving.
Comments about Children To Remain by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl