Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Christmas And Magic - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Christmas is a trip to the Wonderland
when darkness turns into nights of sparkling lights
when despair is met by the Star of Hope
when want is reached by generous hands.
Christmas is a trip to God's Kingdom
when oppressive rulers in the land are checked
by the lowly and humble Servant,
when hatred is overcome by Love,
when the sinned-against grant forgiveness
to the sinners; and when blessings
are shared so that all may abundantly live.
Christmas is magic and myth
and yet made real in the historical Jesus.
The magic of love cleanses and renews human hearts.
The myth of magic, the Hope of Mankind,
points to the Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ.
Comments about Christmas And Magic by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl