Lawrence S. Pertillar
Circling Sharks - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Some get it.
And some don't.
A few will.
And many wont.
But those standing on a safe shore,
Are no longer trying to stop
From either swimming,
Or finding other methods...
To board a sinking ship.
With passengers too intoxicated,
The circling sharks...
Doing the backstroke,
Are not smiling to entertain the whims
Of those who view!
And none have come prepared,
For a formal dining experience.
Or meaningless chats with the captain.
Comments about Circling Sharks by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl