Clad In Imagery - Poem by Dorett Cope
Suited in great attire
With superb shape and perfect form
When you see through
Naked emotion hidden in rhythm
It stirs the beating heart.
Dressed in sophisticated
Words sharp and bright
Clad in imagery and intelligent thoughts
Rhyming with good reasoning
Fitting tone and matching style.
When you begin to play with thoughts
Embedded in expensive fashion
There is a price to pay
Outfitted with costly devotion
They bring tears to the eyes
And questions to the seeing mind.
As you peel away layers of metaphor
They come deep down to
A single body of thought
And a vivid image emerges
That is expressive and unique.
Comments about Clad In Imagery by Dorett Cope
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl