Cold As Stone - Poem by Joseph Cross
Once Upon a time,
Our hearts had beat as one,
But ever since you left,
The magic has been undone.
Our love is truly lost,
The days have turned to nights,
I’m trying to cope with the cost,
But I’m losing the great fight.
But even if you return,
It seems I can’t go back,
To the way I used to be,
Before you left those tracks.
So, please do not return,
You’ll just feel all alone,
For even if you’re there,
I’ll still be cold as stone.
Comments about Cold As Stone by Joseph Cross
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl