Commands - Poem by Suman Pokhrel
you're sure to hear from above
if you're placed down below.
don't turn right – don't turn left.
have a dagger about you – stay away from weapons
go to bed early – work till midnight
keep doors 'n windows open – shut doors well
don't walk in pairs 'n groups – don't walk alone
don't look about – guard home round the clock
don't stay hungry, never – don't eat anything
don't wear clothes – don't walk bare-bodied.
I've badly failed to understand
why masters can't think.
(Translated from Nepali by Manu Manjil)
Comments about Commands by Suman Pokhrel
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl