Suman Pokhrel Poems
- The Taj Mahal & My Love Through years of my prime I walked ...
- Every Morning Every morning I wake up with the news of ...
- Colour Of Horizon Standing on top of each morning ...
- Trees My eyes are upon the trees. For, trees do not live ...
- Children Even if they try to pluck it, the flower submits ...
- Between Rainbow And Melody As you entered the room stirring...
- You Are As You Are Standing on some non-life fringe of ...
Born on the 21st September 1967, Suman Pokhrel is a poet, lyricist, playwright, translator & artist.
Suman Pokhrel is only writer to receive SAARC Literary Award twice. He received this award in 2013 and 2015 for his own poetry and his contributions to poetry and art in general in the South Asian region.
Suman Pokhrel was born on September 21,1967, in Mills Area, Biratnagar, to Mukunda Prasad Pokhrel and Bhakta Devi Pokhrel.
Suman Pokhrel attended Bal Mandir, a government owned Kindergarten in Biratnagar, until he was five. Pokhrel got moved to his ancestral village of Kachide in Dhankuta at the age of seven and raised there by his ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Suman Pokhrel
The Taj Mahal & My Love
Through years of my prime
I walked with a heart
crazy about love.
I wanted my heart to bloom
and shelter a shadow of love.
when the heart was soaked in passion
and was wet,
I wanted to wrench it dry
on love itself.
I wanted to paint a picture,
in indelible print, across
the canvass of my heart.
I stand today
in front of the Taj Mahal.
I watch the marble smiling
as the sunlight gives it a touch.
I feel gusts of wind
as they come across
the heights of love here.
I listen to the music, waking in
the dream-eyed ...