Suman Pokhrel Poems
- A Story Of The Setting Sun And... The road comes from ...
- Entanglements Let me not so much be lost in involvements As ...
- Trees My eyes are upon the trees. For, trees do not live ...
- Colour Of Horizon Standing on top of each morning ...
- The Landslide Accursed are these moments for no ...
- The Taj Mahal & My Love Through years of my prime I walked ...
- An Encounter With Life Life was running, running after a ...
Born on the 21st September 1967, Suman Pokhrel is a poet, lyricist & translator. He is the recipient of SAARC Literay Award 2013.
Pokhrel is a man of letters active in promoting poetry, art and folklore. He is one of the finest Nepali poets today known for innovative style and grace. He has participated in several international literary and cultural events representing his country.
Suman Pokhrel is a realistic poet. The impressionable images created by him allow his readers to introspect. His poems revolve around the nuances of life. The play around his choice of words creates magic in the minds of his readers. His poems carry an earthy essence with a nostalgic ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Suman Pokhrel
Let me not so much be lost in involvements
As would make me incapable of
Recognizing the fragrance of the flower
Beaming in my own yard; as would
Divest me of time
For the merry sports of children
Glee with the total joy of creation
Radiant in their midst.
As would render me oblivious of my time
For the wind carrying the scents of love,
For the birds chanting the notes of life,
For sparkling waterfalls falling yet gay
And, too, for the stars fireflies carry
Through the immensity of darkness.
Let me not so much be swept by haste.
Let me ...