Lawrence S. Pertillar
Competing In Competitions - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
You lured me with one hope and wish,
That from you I would get...
Love to express and devotion I'd expect.
With it done unconditionally.
Had I known you had conditions hidden,
While awaiting to see...
If I would meet your preferences,
Time I had given with love confessed...
Would have been saved and not wasted,
With it clear you did not have or could address...
What it takes to keep me appreciating,
That which I selected to be at the top of my list.
And not one represents,
Competing in competitions to have others impressed.
Comments about Competing In Competitions by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl