U Win Kyi
Curse Or Thanks (Suicide) - Poem by U Win Kyi
A yellow taxi parked at road side.
A woman wanted to commit suicide.
She jumped off from 8th floor of high rise.
Then fell onto the roof of taxi with a loud noise.
She sustained only bruise and scratch,
still alive with a deep breath.
The roof was totally wrecked,
making the driver very sad.
He thanked God because he escaped death.
She cursed God because she was not dead.
Maybe their lives were given a new chance.
Maybe in hell the room was not vacant.
Maybe in heaven, the angels too busy to make a welcome arrangement.
To live or to die is in God's hand.
It is only a matter of when.
Death will surely arrive in the end.
Comments about Curse Or Thanks (Suicide) by U Win Kyi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl