Cut...! ! ! - Poem by Melvina Germain
The greed of evil place its mighty finger,
stir the pot, circulate the mould.
Watch the tainted bodies float the sea,
disfigured, bloating...a travesty.
Seeking prosperity, careless, unkind.
The green finding itself left behind.
Oh Romeo, thou doth love Juliet so,
yet our earth takes blow after sudden blow.
Tis acid rain that falls upon the sea,
circulating so abundantly.
Covering earth, a cruel insatiable need.
Cacius fought the battle till the bitter end,
yet our earth does not have such a friend.
Ripped and stripped of its lustre and its glow,
nothing pure left to shine and grow.
Tis light became darkness, no evergreen,
our earth playing out the last scene.
Written by: Melvina Germain
Date: March 15/2010
Comments about Cut...! ! ! by Melvina Germain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl