Allen Keith Turner
Dad Never To Be - Poem by Allen Keith Turner
What did you tell her,
What did you say.
It had to be bad,
For her to feel that way.
She say's ' I don't hate you',
But her love she never shows.
She was raised not to feel for me,
& that's all she knows.
What I've heard from her,
For me she doesn't care.
The only thing she knows,
Is that I was never there.
Why did you tell me about this child,
Just to never let me see.
Even when you knew I was searching,
You kept her from caring about me.
So I have no choice,
In me, what she will see.
Her father maybe,
Her Dad, I will never be.
Comments about Dad Never To Be by Allen Keith Turner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl