Dearly Is Lovely. - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
To woo a woman, forbidden and formidable,
And pine endlessly for her union, though in vain,
Rather than indulging in sex with one, accessible,
Is everlasting superb. She is hence to me ever dear.
Corporal love lasts not;
Forbidden love ends not;
Formidable love rests not.
Comments about Dearly Is Lovely. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl