Lawrence S. Pertillar
Deepened Emptiness - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is such a wasted
An embittered heart...
Only stings with venom,
To poison and freely give!
Hatred is such a selfish thing!
Leaving a deepened emptiness...
To surface a sickness felt,
And sharing with others
A saddened offering!
That returns despair...
To those believing,
A thoughlessness hatred felt
Gets them somewhere!
To find themselves surrounded,
By others like them...
Justified and processed equally,
Into shallow thoughts uncaring!
Comments about Deepened Emptiness by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda