Lawrence S. Pertillar
Defeated Insecurities - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Until I can stand on my feet,
And declare I've defeated insecurities
That drove me to crawl on my knees,
In search of myself...
Shall I believe,
Any steps I take from that moment on
And you are no longer an obstacle,
Or viewed as blocking my path!
I can then walk knowing,
I can move around you!
And leave you behind without concern,
Of how far I've traveled beyond the distrust
I had of my own ability to move forward,
With faith and satisfaction.
Comments about Defeated Insecurities by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl