Depression - Poem by Cece Winters
Depression is not an object,
nor is it to be romanticised.
Depression is wanting to harm yourself mentally.
It's wanting to wreck yourself emotionally
and physically into oblivion.
Depression is light nights and dark mornings
and days when it's too tiring to even think.
Most of all, depression is not you.
You are not depression and it does not define your being.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Depression by Cece Winters
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl