Destined To Win? ? ? ? ? ? - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
I Sat up with and rubbed my eyes,
I knew I had dreamed a dream,
For down in the valley below,
I saw a pleasant pastoral scene.
I wondered why I had seen this thing,
That had been so real to me,
I guess I saw what others do,
And now I wonder why we are there,
Over in some and by foreign land,
Losing men and losing wars,
And maiming both child and man.
We say we are fighting terrorism,
And that we are destined to win,
But I think what we are really doing,
Is spending money and killing men.
Comments about Destined To Win? ? ? ? ? ? by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl