Lawrence S. Pertillar
Disqualified - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
They came into the 'hood'.
And began taking applications
At the minimal wage.
I was immediately disqualified!
They said I provided too much of a threat,
By making attempts
To uncover clarity and understanding.
And those were issues
They weren't prepared to debate.
They came into the 'hood'...
Seeking those who were willing to work hard
And long hours,
To do what needed to be done!
For the sake of 'growth and prosperity'.
Not to waste time finding purpose and reason.
That was not on their agenda!
At least not in this season.
As they sought to find those...
Still drugged on and exposed to delusion!
Comments about Disqualified by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl