Do You Love Your Name? - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
She likes to be called mummy by children,
Honey by husband, aunty by young ones,
Madam by strangers and by many more
But not by Kamala which is her name.
She herself calls herself ‘I’, not Kamala,
And if called Kamala, feels disrespected.
Why must she have then her name?
Comments about Do You Love Your Name? by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda