Lawrence S. Pertillar
Doctrines Of Our Comforts - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Who we are and our priorities?
You still have your list?
Let's make sure,
We both have the same updates!
I'll read them and you check yours off:
1) What we have.
2) How much did it cost.
3) What year was it obtained,
And current value.
4) Who we know.
5) What they have.
6) How much did it cost them.
7) What year did they obtain whatever it is...
And its current value.
8) Who they know.
9) What they know and how.
10) How any of this achieves our satisfaction.
Who cares about anything else,
As long as we get ours.
These doctrines are our comforts!
Keep them close to you...
Just in case we are interrogated at the border.
If they are lost you will not gain re-entry!
Comments about Doctrines Of Our Comforts by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl