Dreams Like Thunder - Poem by Smoky Hoss
Chain lightning rolls like dreams
through the dead of night,
on and on it goes
far out of sight -
The sky so dread
only the thunder is heard,
everyone down here afraid
to speak a whispering word -
No one knows
should they cry, should they laugh...
the end, surely is coming
at long last -
But, is it truly the end, or
simply the start?
Listen. The thunder coincides with
the beats of your heart!
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Dreams Like Thunder by Smoky Hoss
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl