Dreams You Long For - Poem by James McLain
Oh, I am singing, you are singing, we are singing.
And you just lay there coming waiting to just grow.
And how each time,
fleeting make the hungry person learn to know.
And your time which has yet to wait it comes?
But so young to wonder why.
From the world the one and only one this person.
Leaves the wind that through it blows, are waiting for.
From where your center longs.
These dreams you long for are.
Oh and have you lived by sight to be his only light?
Are candles for.
Your thoughts are formed much clearer,
than each thought, each formed before.
And like the rainbow of the sun are streams and rivers.
To be loved by he, not me, to lose your color for?
Comments about Dreams You Long For by James McLain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl