Dynasty Of Arrogance - Poem by Rahman Henry
The night is taken by the rain.
Someone came out of the mirror
in my lone bedroom and said:
'I want to stay awake with you! '
It is dark outside and flooding insane.
The high ambition is down to the knee
And a dynasty of arrogance is diminished
like a straw going down the stream.
* Translated from original (Bengali) to English by RAZIA SULTANA
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Dynasty Of Arrogance by Rahman Henry
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl