Rahman Henry Poems
- Dynasty Of Arrogance The night is taken by the rain. ...
- Beauty Is A Light At times and in some cases Truth can be ...
- Struggle For Freedom And Democ... Bangladesh, a safari for ...
- The Beauty The beauty, more covetable than the charm of ...
- Travelling Experience I have a little experience of ...
- Your Greedy Bites
- When I Found Myself Dead When I found myself dead in my ...
Poet, Literary Critic, Translator of world Poetry and an author of 14 books of poetry from Bangladesh. Henry is The Editor of a poetry Magazine 'POET TREE'. His book of translated poems: 'Poetry Of Nobel Laureates' (in Bengali) is the first Book ever published in Bengali.
Henry likes to introduce himself as a reader of World Poetry.
Henry composes Ordinary Poems for extraordinary readers.
He is fond of German football, South African cricket and Hindi films... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Our bashful poems are livingAt Those Rural Townships / Poem by Rahman Henry
At those rural townships, moving
On hooded rickshaws, amid dirt''
''Cellphone: a luxurious misinvention of this century''It's Ringing The Cellphone / Poem by Rahman Henry
''Still, none can get rid of death;Life And Death / Poem by Rahman Henry
It grows a little throughout living bodies.''
Dynasty Of Arrogance
The night is taken by the rain.
Someone came out of the mirror
in my lone bedroom and said:
'I want to stay awake with you! '
It is dark outside and flooding insane.
The high ambition is down to the knee
And a dynasty of arrogance is diminished
like a straw going down the stream.
* Translated from original (Bengali) to English by RAZIA SULTANA