Lawrence S. Pertillar
Earning The Right To Live My Life - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
What do you want to hear?
You were the one,
To make fun of my attempts.
And you solicited an audience to applaud,
What you thought were my failures.
I don't understand!
What do you want me to hear?
How you now would like to erase those years?
Do whatever you wish.
You don't have to whisper that to me!
I have long considered you,
And those who gave you their attention...
I've been too busy,
Earning the right to live my life
The way God wants it lived!
Comments about Earning The Right To Live My Life by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl