Lawrence S. Pertillar
Embellishing Events - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
You have been accused of lieing.
Embellishing events that actually occur.
What statement can you make,
To defend yourself?
And dispute what others have said,
As being totally ridiculous.
'I have also been accused,
Of tap dancing on my neighbor's lawn...
Well after midnight.
And the doing of it they wish to stop.
Since my tap dancing awakens to disturb,
The sleeping of their pet parakeets.'
Comments about Embellishing Events by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl