Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Empty Civilization - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Our modern civilization is empty-
Emptied of insight and wisdom
On face of wars and conflicts.
So emptied of insight and wisdom
So empty and rotten it is
when its only solution is
power behind weapons.
On the long Syrian war
Power behind weapons.
On the 6th year of the Syrian war.
Comments about Empty Civilization by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl