Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Enough Of Your Weapons! - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Enough of your weapons
To window power and arrogance!
Enough of your words of justice
to defend the defenseless!
Enough of this bloodshed!
Enough of the tribal wars,
religious wars, political wars!
Smash your guns and war heads!
Enough of the blood pacts
And own interests to protect!
The human heart cannot be
Conquered by revenge and hatred
Only love can bend the heart of steel
Of the most aggressive and violent!
Only love can make peace dwell again.
Not by war, not by weapons!
Not over the corpses and blood
of men. women and children
should we build up peace again
but only from the heart of love!
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Enough Of Your Weapons! by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl