Velvet Astraea Dido
Escape - Poem by Velvet Astraea Dido
And I am locked up in a place
where no one else has the right
to be. I’ve written so much,
my walls are empty. I dreamt of dreams
where nightmares are insect bites.
I’ve done things to get other things
off my mind. I have escaped
from the reality I once thronged.
And I’ve seen people virtually invisible
as I am. But we are locked up in our own cells
away from each of our identity.
Although we all share one thought…
adding another helpless malaise soul
in this world.
Comments about Escape by Velvet Astraea Dido
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl