Everything Has Presence - Poem by Walterrean Salley
A clock hung on my wall for years,
Its fall one day almost brought tears.
It hit the floor, and fell apart.
Such did really break my heart.
For many decades, it had hung
Faithfully keeping me aware
Of time’s advancing—day and night.
For time is essential in its flight.
Everything indeed has presence.
Everything has its unique space.
And everything goes deeply missing
When it’s not in that special place.
Comments about Everything Has Presence by Walterrean Salley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl